Dear Fellow Mountaineers, As part of efforts to enhance the user experience for faculty and staff who travel on behalf of West Virginia University, the Procurement, Contacting and Payment Services (PCPS) is transitioning to American Express Global Business Travel as WVU’s standard travel management company, effective Monday, Feb. 14. The decision to make this change was guided by responses to a recent survey of travelers at the University, who identified ease of use and pricing as among the top concerns of WVU’s prior travel and expense platform. As part of this transition, the MyTravel platform will move from Concur to the American Express Neo travel and expense management tool. The Neo tool will provide several benefits, including:
- A better booking experience – Neo will simplify the online booking process and is designed to be more user-friendly.
- Great rate guarantee – Neo provides access to WVU’s and American Express’s negotiated rates and rewards programs.
- Global access and local expertise – American Express’s reach spans more than 140 countries offers local resources when needed.
- Exceptional travel care – Neo provides access to crisis alerts and 24/7 support by American Express agents to help during emergencies.
- Convenience - Faculty and staff can save their travel reward programs in one spot and secure the same benefits they would if booked directly with an airline or hotel.
- Sustainability - American Express Global Business Travel became the first travel management company to offset 100% of its annual business travel emissions as of 2019 and pledged carbon neutrality for the future.
To help prepare users for this change, the PCPS team is developing training resources, which will be available on the PCPS website. We also are hosting several Zoom demo sessions in the coming weeks to walk users through the new features:
- Tuesday, Feb. 1 - 9 to 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 9 - 1 to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 10 - 9 to 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 15 - 1 to 2 p.m.
Note: There is no need to pre-register for a demo session. You may choose the session that works best for your schedule.
We look forward to rolling out these enhancements to the MyTravel program and hope to see you in one of the upcoming demo sessions. In the meantime, visit the PCPS website for more information. Contact the PCPS team or call 304-293-5711 with any questions.