Dear Fellow Mountaineers,
As previously shared, West Virginia University has selected Prepaid Technologies as its new provider for prepaid card services. The new system is scheduled to go live and be available to users at WVU on Wednesday, June 15.
Key features of the Prepaid Technologies system include:
- As with the prior Vincent Payment Solutions platform, prepaid cards secured through the new system will be issued instantly and will be reloadable.
- Payees can be created one at a time in the system or via a bulk upload process.
- The system provides options to set up specific payment amounts or open payment amounts to be manually entered by the payer.
- Payers will be given access to specific groups within the system, and visibility will be limited based on permissions.
- In certain limited circumstances, the system offers the ability for suppliers to set a mechanism to allow for anonymous payees.
To help users prepare for this upcoming change, the Procurement, Contacting and Payment Services (PCPS) team has developed training resources and FAQs, which are available on the PCPS website.
We also are hosting Zoom demo sessions in the coming weeks to walk users through the new features of the Prepaid Technologies system. If you would like to attend one of these demo sessions, please Contact PCPS and we will send you the meeting information.
As part of this transition, payers can continue to load funds to cards obtained through the Vincent Payment Solutions platform through end of day on Friday, June 24. Further, payees still will be able to use Vincent cards and unload the funds through the card’s expiration date.
We look forward to rolling out the Prepaid Technologies platform in the coming weeks and hope to see you in one of the upcoming demo sessions.